The right to be informed allows individuals (data subjects) to access information about their personal data processing.
Organization (data controller) that collects and processes personal information, is obligated to provide specific information about data processing activities regarding:
• organizations’ information and contact details
• purpose of data processing
• legal basis for personal data processing
• third party details
• data retention period,
• rights granted to the data subject under the data protection law,
• the right to file a complaint,
• whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement,
• whether the data subject is obliged to provide the personal data and so on
The organization has to provide privacy information to individuals when collecting their data in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible way in clear and plain language.